This integration automatically syncs a daily summary of your Shopify sales transactions with Xero at the end of each day, giving you an accurate view of cash flow and business performance.
Benefits of connecting Xero and Shopify
- Automate finance admin - daily summaries of Shopify sales orders for each payment gateway are sent to Xero for easy reconciliation
- More accurate data - reduce manual data entry and get visibility over Shopify payments and PayPal transaction fees
- Track cash flow in one place - get a complete picture of business performance with Xero’s cash flow and insights tools
Explore all features of Shopify integration by Xero
Shopify integration by Xero + Xero
Integrating Shopify with Xero significantly reduces time taken to manually move data between your business apps, and helps you reconcile payouts to give you visibility over fees and other costs or discounts.
- Automatically syncs daily Shopify sales transactions to Xero
- Creates a daily summary invoice for preferred payment gateways
- Shows sales, discounts, shipping costs, refunds, gift card payments, and fees across all invoices
- Tracks pending sales from Shopify payments and PayPal by adding a clearing account
- Transfers processed sales from Shopify payments and PayPal into a nominated bank account
- Imports the previous 90 days of Shopify sales transactions (only available with Xero Standard or Premium plans)
Not supported in Shopify integration by Xero
Shopify integration by Xero does not account for sales tax and only imports a summary of sales and purchases into Xero. It is unsuitable for and can’t be used by tax-registered businesses.
There are some things this integration doesn’t do. Check with your accountant or bookkeeper if you're unsure whether this integration will meet your needs.
- Sales tax
- Invoices for each Shopify sales transaction
- Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold management
- Connection of multiple Shopify stores to a Xero account
- Shopify stores and Xero accounts with different currencies
- Automatic tax filing in multiple tax jurisdictions
- Invoices showing customer (payment) details