Folks in the US can now use Wise — right inside the Google Pay app — to send money to friends and family in India and Singapore.
With this new integration, you can access Wise’s fast, convenient service, without having to leave the Google Pay app. And in just a few clicks, you can join Wise’s 10 million-plus customers and send money abroad with no exchange rate markup, and low transparent fees.
To send money with Wise in Google Pay:
- Update your GPay app to the latest version: Android or iOS
- Search for the person you want to send money to in your GPay app
- Click on Pay and select Wise
- Create a Wise account, or log in if you’re already a Wise user
- Select the amount and currency you’d like to send
- Choose your recipient from the list of past recipients or enter their bank details if this is your first time sending money to this person
- Pay using any debit card or credit card stored in your GPay Wallet
- Voila! You can track your money by clicking Check Status in the GPay chat you have with your recipient
Today, all Android and iOS Google Pay users in the US can send money to another Google Pay user in India or Singapore. Later this year, we’ll work with Google to expand the integration and allow US Google Pay users to pay friends and family in the 80+ countries that Wise already sends to.
So, the next time you need to send money overseas to family and friends, just Wise it over from Google Pay. It’ll be cheap, fast, and transparent.
This is the power of the Wise API Platform
Our collaboration with Google is another example of the Wise API Platform in action.
The Wise Platform APIs let us join forces with other businesses — including Google, banks like Stanford Federal Credit Union and N26, as well as other financial services like expense reimbursement platforms such as Emburse — to offer their customers international transfers with no compromises on transparency, price, speed, and reliability.
Wise was built to bring international payments into the 21st century. Our APIs replace the existing patchwork systems that banks and other payment providers use to move money internationally, helping their customers experience money without borders powered by Wise. The Wise API Platform is already used by banks and businesses in over 10 markets worldwide and continues to grow.