Deeper Integrations, Auto-publish, Bulk Actions and more!
We've been extremely busy throughout May and June, working extra hard to bring you new features and enhancements for an even better user experience. Check out the list below to see what we've been up to:
- A new and improved API platform for deeper integrations with our accounting & ERP partners, starting with Xero.
- Our 'Auto-publishing' feature has arrived. Send documents directly to Accounting & ERP APIs, meaning zero touch approvals for selected supplier bills.
- More bulk actions (including deleting documents, returning them to Processing and previous tabs, plus bulk sign-off and export).
- Saved CSV templates to save you time from mapping data before uploads.
- Get documents into Lightyear faster, with a massively increased (5x) bulk upload limit!
- Another round of Purchase Order enhancements including:
- Detailed line-by-line PO reports giving you more insight and visibility over your purchases.
- Define certain suppliers as PO suppliers and non PO suppliers, allowing PO requirements to toggle on/off depending on supplier.
- Sage Intacct users can now connect with Sage Intacct Dimensions for more granular reporting to get better insights.
Keep up-to-date by joining a webinar
Join us for our June Feature Release webinars to see all of these new features in action and ask any questions. Click below to book your preferred time slot. If you can't make it, register anyway and we'll send you the recording. Alternatively read on to learn more!
Feature Releases & Updates
New & Improved API Platform
At Lightyear, we're always looking forward. We've embarked on a project to enhance our API platforms across our accounting & ERP software partners. We will be migrating our users onto this new platform in stages. We've already kicked this off with our Xero clients in the UK, with all of our Xero clients globally scheduled to migrate next week. This provides a deeper integration by bringing back more details and an easier set-up process for growing businesses that need new accounts. We'll sync your default accounting settings (GL codes, bank details, etc) into Lightyear. You can then optionally use that to generate your Lightyear supplier list and defaults via our 'Update Lightyear Suppliers' button.
Auto-publish your bills
For any bills that don't need approval, e.g. utility bills or prepaid bills, this is a slick way of getting your data into your accounting software quickly with zero touch! Set this at a supplier level (so you're still in control) to bypass approvals and remove any hold-ups. Lightyear receives your bill > Auto-publishes to your accounting software > then stores your bill in the Archive. This feature comes as a bonus with migration to the new API integrations. This will be available to all of our Xero clients by next week, with other accounting softwares to be made available in the coming months.
Bringing you more in Bulk
Due to popular demand, you can now Bulk Delete, Return to previous tabs, Return to Processing, Bulk Sign Off and even Bulk Export from Review to save you even more time. Sometimes, it's just the little things that make life a whole lot simpler.
Saved CSV Templates
Are you uploading the same CSV template time and time again, repetitively mapping it over and over? Not anymore. You can now create and save templates, reducing these tedious tasks, and gain your time back (applicable to Suppliers, POs and GRNs). Simply create your template, or overwrite an existing one, and select it for future use! Future you will thank you now.
Upload 50 Docs at Once
This is a hidden one! You might not have noticed it, but we've expanded this functionality by 5x, allowing you to upload 50 documents at once! You'll notice a smoother experience and the increased speed at which it processes them, saving you extra time and effort. It just keeps getting easier with Lightyear.
PO Line Item Reporting
Need a deeper understanding of your purchasing habits? Export lines with a click to get all your results exported to CSV. Get visibility on not only your financials, but on the location of POs, what's open and whether they've been matched or closed off. Get granular on a line item level and see exactly where your spend is going and where you can rein it in. It's ready and available for you now! This is just a little taste of what's to come in our new Business Intelligence Reporting engine. Watch this space!
Sage Intacct Dimensions
The love keeps pouring in for the Lightyear and Sage Intacct partnership. We're getting great feedback on this integration from our users. Expect even more 'sage advice' when you activate Dimensions to get more flexibility on your business reporting.
We've got a few more delightful enhancements in supplier settings and notifications coming very soon. Here's a sample of what you can look forward to:
- You can already group line items in Lightyear, but soon you'll be able to do this on a supplier setting rather than a company level.
- Copying conditional approvals across multiple suppliers at once will make setting them up a breeze.
- Notification tab enhancements with bulk actions, statuses and permissions set by Admins on behalf of users.
Re-imagined Archive, Reporting and BI functinality
Next on our hitlist is an all new and improved business intelligence reporting engine! Here's the low down on what you can expect:
- A fresh look and feel to the Archive for ease of navigation
- Introducing new detailed search parameters to find all the documents you need
- Bringing you line-level data for all your reporting requirements
- Insights at your fingertips with a selection of templated reports
- Create, update and save your own custom reports
- Star your favourites for quick and easy access
- Group your reporting by Suppliers/GL codes/products for high level insights
- Export your results to CSV to work on them outside of Lightyear